The blog's been somewhat quite lately...
Out of curiosity, what are you lads doing to keep the weight off?
I was doing P90X for a month, then got lazy and stopped but I think I'll be picking it up again soon. I've still been doing push ups and all kinds of chin ups, but nothing structured. I also went low-to-no carbs a couple weeks ago which helped me keep the pounds off through Thanksgiving. I hope to start running soon, but damn it's been cold lately...what are you guys doing?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, turkey day jacked me up. I was cooking, and ain't nothing going out without me tasting :(
ReplyDeleteGym-wise, I went through 5wks of P90X, but was hampered by a herniated disc. :( Doc said no more running in the near future.
damn thats a bummer peter, you need find another way to get your cardio, swimming or walking in a pool might be your best bet and it should help your recovery.
ReplyDeleteAs far as myself, I've changed my eating habits into less carbs and more small meals a day, hitting the gym @least 3-4 times a week, and hitting it like I'm going for broke. My energy was weak for about a week of doing this, but once my body adjusted to the change I've noticed I got more energy throughout the daytime. Or who knows, it all can be mental and its just all in the head. Speaking of head, go tiger!
I have been eating wiser. in the morning I have a big bowl of oatmeal with peanut butter and cheerios. Then lunch is usually a salad with chicken or tuna. if I get hungry again in the noon time I eat yogurt or a snck bar. When I get home or go out to eat on weekends is the hard part. I love food. So what I have done is train myself to eat a little bit of the good stuff and a small amount of rice this way I still taste the good stuff but then fill up on salad or vegetables. And when I. Have to snck I do half sandwiches or granola bars or yogurt. As for the workout I was steady at the gym doing spin class 3 times a week and cardio insanity 4 days with a bike ride one day on the weekend. I got sick though and had to stop for one week. My whole thing is that I want to do something I live with for my life to stay healthy. So I know after this contest I will continue to do the spin class and. Bike ride once a week. And not eat so much rice like I use to and only have a small portion of the foods I love but re horrible to my health. Good luck dueces
ReplyDeleteFor the past month I have been going to the gym 5-6 times a week...spending at LEAST an hour in there...although usually 1.5-2 hours. Mostly cardio stuff...for the last two weeks I've started some strength training on the nautilus machines...nothing big, just light weights. I am not getting the results that i think i should so I'm focusing on more changes to my eating habits and food choices. Staying away from rice as much as i can and limiting salty and fatty food. Starting a food diary today. gonna go at it like this through the holidays and when the new year hits I'm gonna start incorporating some p90x workouts in with what I'm already doing...I think I'm starting to hit my stride fellas...watch out!
ReplyDelete